I’m back at it with my sweat squad from the Propel blogger Co:Labs fitness festival in LA last month! We had the chance to try soooo many new workouts that weekend, so I thought I’d break them up, per sweat-sesh, to share a few cool pics and tips from each with you! This one was obvi a boxing class, Prevail Boxing that is! And that’s me getting my wrists wrapped below by one of my faves, Lolo Thomas, Prevail Coach. I’ve only tried this class once before, and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun I had, all while experiencing one of the sweatiest workouts I’ve ever done! So I was super pumped to be back in the ring with these guys!
And it didn’t hurt that Big Boi (from Outkast) was busting out the tunes LIVE while we threw punches. Does it get more fun than jab, cross and hooking to old school classics (“Miss Jackson”) while knocking out some calories? I think NOT! There’s both a mental and physical workout that goes on with this workout so you’re entire body and mind are getting tested—BIG TIME! And there’s a few more reasons below why you must try boxing if it’s not on your fit list yet. It’s a win-win!
Five Reasons To Try Boxing -Milan Costich, Prevail Founder
- Boxing is a serious calorie burn. It is a mix between aerobic and anaerobic exercise, which is a quick way to lean out.
- Boxing requires strong – but long & lean – muscles to be quick and agile. Power is generated from the ground up – which means strong legs, glutes, and core are all essential to your punches.
- You’ll pick up a brand-new skill set.
- Boxing requires total mental presence and allows you to physically release stress, resulting in a very clear, calm mind.
- Boxing empowers you to find your inner fighter that’s capable of accomplishing anything – in and out of the gym.