It’s Taco Tuesday! Time for a little Taco-less Taco Salad tonight! As you know from reading the HEALTH section of my blog, I love trying nutritious recipes from my friends in the wellness world that I can share with all of you! So this week I turned to my girl Anna, from Nutrition Squeezed, for a yummy and colorful creation to serve-up for a healthier plant-based taco night! Check it out below.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red, orange and green bell peppers each, de-seeded and sliced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 cup black beans, cooked from dry or canned
- 8 cups Iceberg or romaine lettuce, shredded (about 1 head)
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, Monterrey, and Jack cheese mix (optional)
Serving Size: 4 salads
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- Cook quinoa, per package instructions. Keep warm and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced peppers, cumin and cayenne powder, and cook until caramelized, about 5-7 minutes.
- Heat beans in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Divide lettuce into four serving bowls, top with quinoa, beans, pepper, avocado and cheese (optional).
Let us know what you think! Dig in!
SHOP THE POST