As promised, here’s the surf-inspired workout video that I shot with my girl, Hannah (@BodybyHannah), demonstrating all moves we talked about in my active surf post last week. I had a blast putting this together with her and coming up with the perfect sequence to work the muscles and mimic the moves that you would from balancing and paddling out for a real surf-sesh in the ocean.
Incase you missed last week’s post with the step-by-step moves, I’ve added them (below), to go along with the video!
SHOP THIS POST
You can do this workout, anytime, anywhere! Complete this full circuit for 2-3 rounds with a 20 second rest between exercises.
- Hot Sand: Start on the right side and perform 4 high knees starting with the right leg, then lateral bound to the right and perform 4 high knees starting with the left leg before laterally bounding back to the left. Complete for 45 seconds.
- Paddle Out: Lying flat on your stomach, perform a Superman by engaging the core and lifting both the chest and lower body away from the ground with extended arms. Swing arms around the body and tuck them at your side to repeat. 25 reps
- Pop Up: Pop up as quickly as you can but rotate the lower body into low squatting facing the right. Repeat for 5 on each side.
- Ride The Wave: Sumo Squat and then shift your weight into the right side while straightening out the left leg, stay low and shift the weight into the right. Flow side to side for 20 total or 10 on each side
- Hang Ten: Balance on the right leg with the left toe behind you barely resting on the ground, hinge from the hips until your chest is parallel to the ground and then return to start. 10 reps on each leg
- Duck Dive: Lie flat on your stomach with palms next to your chest. Press up in an upward facing dog (keep abs engaged) and lower back down. Repeat for 10 reps.
Enjoy and have fun working up a sweat with one of my fave workouts!