It’s all about key ingredients to help us get that glowing skin from the inside out! What we put on our skin is just as important as what we put in our bodies too. So I teamed up with RoC® to take a cooking class at Sur La Table in NYC with a few fellow bloggers to brush up on our knowledge of healthy eating—and living. I chopped and whisked with my girl, Hayley and we got down to business to get the scoop on slicing, dicing and skincare 101.
Retinol is a major game player in achieving healthy youthful looking skin. It’s naturally derived from Vitamin A and is considered the “gold standard” when it comes to combatting fine lines and deep wrinkles— a key ingredient in RoC® products. Below are some important herbs and veggies we used during our cooking sesh that I’m def. going to incorporate into my diet more often. Whether you’re whipping up a fresh fish dish, steak, or veggies, you can sprinkle in super foods easily.
- Lemon Zest- or all Citrus zest. There is a compound (limonene) found in the zest of citrus that offers UV protective benefits, reducing your risk for skin cancer!
- Herbs- specifically hard herbs, thyme, rosemary, etc. Herbs pack a ton of antioxidants which help cancel out any free radicals from the sun before they can damage the skin
- Berries! They contain more antioxidants which help just like Herbs! They also have a ton of Vitamin C to help reboot Collagen!
- For summer, I’ll def. have a moisturizer/SPF combo in my beauty bag of tricks. RoC® RETINOL CORREXION Deep Wrinkle Moisturizer with SPF 30 helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while protecting my skin from the sun’s harmful rays. I’m outside 24/7 whether I’m running, swimming, biking or surfing, so protection and prevention is a must for me. And, the fact that it’s oil free and goes on light is key— no need to worry about clogged pores or breakouts, especially with all the heat and humidity in NYC.
- My eyes are another area that I like to give a little extra TLC. It’s easy to skip this step, but I try to be pretty disciplined when applying RoC® Retinol Correxion® Eye Cream every morning (and night). I’m all about smoothing my skins surface, and this has a combo of pure retinol and a mineral complex to do the trick. It also helps to keep dark circles and puffiness to a minimum, which is super important when I have early morning photoshoots or late night projects.
So, today’s lesson? Be sure to stick to your beauty regimes as best you can, especially as seasons change. Just alter your products so not to over treat your skin, which can cause irritation in harsher winter weather. And, add more nutrition-packed ingredients to your dish. Also, stay tuned for quick, colorful recipes this summer and simple skincare tips for keeping that sun-kissed skin in tip-top shape all year long.