No matter what your age, taking care of your skin should always be a priority. Throughout the years I’ve tried hundreds of different creams, cleansers and masks. You name it – I’ve tried it! And I’m still always ready to test out new ones. Playing around with products can be a ton of fun, but having a go-to regiment you know you can rely on is even better. That way, with all the new lotions and potions coming my way, I can keep something consistent and try to stick to a routine that works for me. Today, I am talking about my tried-and-true beauty steps to keeping my skin glowing all year long including some of the latest skincare products that I’m trying out this month.
- Hydrate: drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day is a huge factor in keeping my skin looking fresh. I always keep a reusable water bottle in my bag that way no matter what my day has in store I know I can stay hydrated.
- Pampering: taking the time to do nightly face masks is one of my favorite ways to take care of my skin. Lately, I have been living for the soft peel mask from Jouviance. The best part is that it’s an exfoliating mask, which allows me to cut out a step in my nightly skincare routine – multitasking! And it’s hydrating so it wont dry out my skin like some exfoliants. Plus with summer right around the corner I’m hoping to keep this on hand to help combat sun damage too.
- Eye Love: we are constantly pulling and placing products on our eyes from shadows to liners. So, to rejuvenate my under eye area, I love popping on a set of under eye masks followed up by the revive eye serum. This combo works wonders for any under-eye bags or dark circles.
- Protection: I know it seems obvious but sun protection it is so often overlooked. Whether I am running on the beach, out for a day of shopping or riding bikes in the park, I make sure to apply sunscreen. And it’s super important to reapply after swimming, sweating or just wearing after a few hours throughout the day. Also a lightweight foundation with SPF 50 for my face is an added layer of protection to start off every day.
- Moisturize: And I mean everywhere! I’m a sucker for soft skin so having a go-to moisturizer on hand at all times is a must for my crazy schedule. I love to keep the antioxidant moisturizer in my gym bag so I’m always prepared. After a major sweat-sesh and a quick shower, this moisturizer revives my face like you wouldn’t believe. I also try to apply while my skin is still damp to lock in moisture and get that extra benefit of hydration as my skin dries.
Stay hydrated and healthy this weekend!